Repair and Rebuilds of White's Manufactured Products
Boots requiring repair should be returned to White's Boots, Inc. at 4002 E. Ferry Ave, Spokane, WA 99202. A brief written description of the work requested must accompany the boots as well as marking the shipping container "Attention Repairs". For any questions before sending please call our repair department at (800) 541-3786.
One remarkable advantage of investing in White's Boots is that they are rebuildable. By eliminating synthetic material and fillers, White's all-leather construction enables worn-out boots to be returned to like-new condition.
Here are five reasons to have your White's, Hathorn Hi-line and Hathorn boots rebuilt at our factory:
- Investment: You'll receive years of service from your rebuilt boots, just as you would from a new pair of Whites, Hathorn Hi-line and Hathorn Boots.
- Quality Workmanship: The same craftsmanship goes into our rebuilt boots, making them as good as new.
- Quality Materials: Rebuilt Whites, Hathorn Hi-line and Hathorn are constructed from the same heavy duty materials as our new boots.
- Comfort: White's rebuilds your boots on the original last (mold) to maintain our legendary Arch Ease support.
- Price: Whites, Hathorn Hi-line and Hathorn maximum wear capability and irrefutable comfort combine to assure you the best dollar value in boot repair.
For a moderate cost we can reshape the arches and even replace worn-out insoles, midsoles, outsoles and heels. Toe leather can actually be replaced, too, when necessary. The only portion of the boot that cannot be rebuilt is the upper quarters.(See photo to right.) Quotation of repair costs can be made only upon boot inspection. White's master craftsman will do only the work required to return your boots to first-class condition.
Note: Unauthorized repair work done by anyone other than White's, will invalidate your boot warranty.
Unclaimed Repaired Products
Our Repair Department will go through the finished repair boots, boots that are found 6-9 months old the customer will be notified that the boots are available to be picked up or shipped.
Three documented notiification attempts will be made, with the last one stating a forfeiture date on all boot left unclaimed after 12 months.
Payments will not be refunded, but can be used as store credit.